4 to 6 servings I Preparation time: 30 minutes I Difficulty: Easy
- 500 g (1 lb.) chicken (breasts), finely sliced
- 2 tbsp cassava starch (tapioca)
- 160 g (1 cup) snow peas, stemmed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 80 g (1/2 cup) onions, cut in strips
- 60 g (1/2 cup) red peppers, cut in strips
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 15 g (1/2 cup) fresh basil, shredded
- 60 g (1/2 cup) toasted peanuts, chopped
- Dust the chicken strips with the starch and plunge in boiling water for 45 seconds.
- Blanch the snowpeas in boiling water in another saucepan for 1 minute, drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Heat the wok over high heat, pour in the oil, and saute the snow peas, onions, peppers and chicken strips for approximately 10 minutes.
- Incorporate the curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, basil, and half the peanuts. Mix well.
- Garnish with the remaining peanuts and serve immediately.
– from the book, “Cooking with Foods that Fight Cancer”, by Richard Beliveau, Ph.D., and Denis Gingras. Ph.D