Here’s an original way to reintroduce eggs, so essential to our health, into our diet. This recipe provides a magnificent contrast of colours and flavors.
2 to 4 servings I Preparation time: 30 minutes I Difficulty: Easy
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 340 g (2-1/4 cups) canned stewed tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 7 g (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and sweat the onions and garlic until they are translucent.
- Add the turmeric and cumin, and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and season to taste. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Make four “nests” in the mixture, and crack one egg into each nest, taking care not to break the yolks.
- Continue cooking until the egg whites are cooked.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander and serve immediately.
– from the book, “Cooking with Foods that Fight Cancer”, by Richard Beliveau, Ph.D., and Denis Gingras. Ph.D