- 50 g/2 oz asparagus tips
- 50 g/2 oz spring greens (collards), shredded
- 15 ml/1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 175 g/6 oz cooked baby new potatoes, halved or diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 15 – 30 ml/1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- salt and ground black pepper
- salad to serve
- Steam the asparagus tips and spring greens over a pan of boiling water for 5 – 10 minutes until tender. Drain the vegetables and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 – 10 minutes until softened, stirring.
- Add the baby potatoes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Stir in the tomatoes, asparagus and spring greens. Lightly beat the eggs with the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables, then cook over a gently heat until the bottom of the omelette is golden brown. Preheat the grill (broiler) to hot and cook the omelet under the grill for 2 – 3 minutes until the top is golden brown. Serve with a salad.
- Energy 221 calories
- Fat, total 14.2 g
- Saturated fat, 3.4 g
- Protein 13.6
- Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Sugar, total 3.4 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Sodium 142 mg
– from the book, “The Gluten-Free Cookbook,” by Anne Sheasby