Stir fries are the perfect quick meal for when you come in from a long day and want to get dinner on the table quickly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 1 cup carrots, matchsticks
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons filtered water, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon all-natural sea salt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Saute broccoli, onion, carrots, snow peas and mushrooms with garlic and 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover skillet and cook vegetables for 3 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking vegetables for another 3 minutes, tossing constantly.
- Add chicken and remaining water to the skillet.
- Stir-fry mixture until chicken is completely cooked through with juices running clear, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, remove from heat, and enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 143 I Fat: 5 g I Protein: 14 g I Sodium: 663 mg I Fibre: 3 g I Carbohydrates: 10 g I Sugar: 4 g
– from the book, “The Everything Guide to Gut Health,” by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC