Your kids will be thrilled when they see these chocolate bars in their lunchboxes. These bars are quick to whip up and quick to eat. You can vary the amount of honey depending on your desired sweetness level.
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Melt honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, cacao powder, and coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Add honey mixture to bowl and mix well.
- Pour dough into an 8” x 8” dish and place into freezer until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 154 I Fat: 15 g I Protein: 2 g I Sodium: 2 mg I Fiber: 2 g I Carbohydrates: 5 g I Sugar: 3 g
– from the book, “The Everything Guide to Gut Health,” by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC