Ice cream and store-bought sorbets can be packed with sugar and impossible to pronounce ingredients. This recipe calls for only 4 ingredients, and makes for a sweet treat your kids will ask for time and time again.
- 4 large frozen bananas (peeled and bagged before prior to freezing)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a high-speed blender, puree bananas and vanilla.
- While blending, add nutmeg and honey and puree until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into small serving cups or bowls and freeze for 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories: 119 I Fat: 0 g I Protein: 1 g I Sodium: 2 mg I Fiber: 4 g I Carbohydrates: 29 g I Sugar: 16 g
– from the book, “The Everything Guide to Gut Health,” by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC