This healthy dessert is sure to be a favorite. Make in bulk and use to spread on pancakes or waffles.
- 4 small bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fruit puree
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and then cut each half across to make 8 pieces. Arrange banana pieces in a small baking pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with orange zest, fruit puree, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut oil.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, basting after 15 minutes with liquid in dish.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs before serving.
Per serving: Calories 200 I Fat: 5 g I Protein: 2 g I Sodium: 2 mg I Fiber: 5 g I Carbohydrates: 41 g I Sugars: 16 g
– from the book, “The Everything Guide to Gut Health,” by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC