- Serves: 1
- Approximate costs: $4.25
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 slices thickly-sliced whole wheat bread
- 2 or 3 slices thinly-sliced lean roast beef
- 2 to 3 slices of sweet dill pickles
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 or 3 leafy green lettuce leaves
Stir the mayonnaise and mustard together. Spread over both slices of bread.
Top one of the slices of bread with roast beef, a layer of dill pickles, a layer of sliced tomato, and then the lettuce leaves. Sandwich with the other slice of bread. Slice the sandwich in half.
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen