- Serves: 1
- Costs: Approximately $4.50 per serving
Honey Mustard Spread:
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 slices whole grain or multi-grain bread
- 2 slices oven-roasted turkey
- 1 large apple, core removed, skin intact, sliced into thin, large round slices, ends discarded
- Lettuce leaves as desired
- Stir the mayonnaise, mustard, and honey together.
- Toast the bread. Spread both slices of toast with the honey-mustard mixture.
- Top 1 slice of bread with the turkey slices, apple slices, lettuce leaves, and the remaining slice of bread. Slice on an angle into 4 sections.
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen