- Serves: 2
- Approximate costs: $3.50 per serving
- 4 frozen chicken strips
- 1/3 cup tomato, minced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 6” whole grain tortillas
- 2 heaping tablespoons 5%-fat (low-fat) sour cream
- 2 eggs
Cook the chicken strips according to its package directions in a conventional oven.
Meanwhile, chop up the tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion. Mix together.
Spread a heaping tablespoon of sour cream on one half side of each of the tortillas. Place 2 chicken strips in the center of each tortilla. Arrange the tomato, green pepper, and red onion over the chicken. Divide the cheese over each. Heat the tacos one at a time in the microwave for 1 minute each.
Meanwhile, fry the eggs as desired. Place an egg on top of each taco.
Fold the tacos in half and serve.
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen