- Serves: 2, 6-inch subs
- Approximate costs: $4.00 per serving
- 12-inch multigrain baguette, sliced into two sections
- Light mayonnaise
- Yellow mustard
- 12 slices sub meat, such as pepperoni, salami, and ham
- 4 large slices of tomato (from 1 large tomato)
- 1/4 of a small red onion, sliced into ringlets
- Leafy green or iceberg lettuce, roll the lettuce leaves into the shape of a cigar, and then slice into ribbons
- Slice the baguette in half down the center. Spread each half of the baguette with mayonnaise and mustard. Slice the baguette in half.
- Layer 2 slices each of pepperoni, salami and ham onto each sub (6 slices meat per sub). Arrange the tomatoes, red onion and lettuce on top of the meat. Sandwich each with the top halves of the baguettes. Slice each sandwich in half.
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen