As this nicely seasoned chicken bakes, it releases juices to reduce into a rich-tasting sauce.
- Cooking spray
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves with bone (about 6 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley and 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley, divided use
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put the chicken with the smooth side up in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the poultry seasoning, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the top of the chicken.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning several times to coat the chicken in the drippings.
- Pour the drippings from the baking dish into a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup liquid. Spoon over the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Calories 184
- Total fat 5 g
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Trans fat 0
- Polyunsaturated fat 1 g
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 79 mg
- Sodium 188 mg
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fiber 0
- Sugars 0
- Protein 32 g
Dietary exchanges: 4 lean meaty-side-down
– from the book, “The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition”, from the American Heart Association.