- 2 cups cubed cooked pork tenderloin, cooked without salt
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added black beans (about 1/2 15.5-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 4 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 medium black olives, chopped
- Orange slices (optional)
- Green grapes (optional)
In a large bowl, stir together the pork, beans, green onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the pork mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To serve, spread the salad greens on plates. Gently stir the tomatoes and olives into the pork mixture. Spoon over the salad greens. Garnish with the orange slices and grapes.
- Calories 222
- Total fat 8.5 g
- Saturated fat 1.5 g
- Trans fat 0
- Polyunsaturated fat 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 35 mg
- Sodium 151 mg
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 8 g
- Protein 17 g
Dietary exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
– from the book, “The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition” from the American Heart Association.