Chill this salad and serve over a bed of lettuce, or heat it gently and serve it over cooked rice or noodles.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons plain rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups cubed cooked skinless chicken breasts, cooked without salt, all visible fat discarded
- 4 medium ribs of celery, chopped
- 12 thin strips green bell pepper (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, curry powder, salt, pepper and cayenne.
Stir in the chicken and celery. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve topped with bell pepper.
- Calories 214
- Total fat 9.0 g
- Saturated fat 1.5 g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 4.5 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 86 mg
- Sodium 364 mg
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 29 g
Dietary exchanges: 4 lean meat
– from the book, “The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition” from the American Heart Association.