An important part of this delicious blend of flavors, bananas are easier to handle on the grill if they’re slightly underripe.
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red hot-pepper sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 2 slightly underripe bananas, halved lengthwise and crosswise (8 pieces total)
- In a large shallow glass dish, stir together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill on medium.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Brush the bananas generously with the marinade. Grill the chicken and bananas for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning over halfway through. Brush the chicken and bananas with the marinade before serving.
- Calories 224
- Total fat 2 g
- Saturated fat 0.5 g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 66 mg
- Sodium 225 mg
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 16 g
- Protein 27 mg
Dietary exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 very lean meat
– from the book, “The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition”, from the American Heart Association.