Feta cheese and fresh dillweed enhance this pasta-vegetable combination.
- 12 ounces dried tricolor rotini
- 1-1/4 cups frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup unpeeled seeded and diced cucumber
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, (green part only)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt. Drain well in a colander. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the remaining salad ingredients.
- In a food processor or blender, process the cottage cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise, and 1/4 cup green onions until smooth. Stir in the dillweed and pepper. Pour over the pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Calories 237
- Total fat 2.5 g
- Saturated fat 0.5 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Polyunsaturated fat 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Sodium 381 mg
- Carbohydrates 41 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 12 g
Dietary exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 very lean meat
– from the book, “The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition” from the American Heart Association.