What could be more comforting than a homemade crumble? This version using sunflower seeds and sesame seeds is much healthier for you then traditional recipes.
- 2 (8-oz.) cans pineapple, drained and lightly crushed
- 1 dessert pear, diced
- 1 dessert apple (Pippin, Granny Smith), diced
- 1 cup unsweetened muesli or granola
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3-1/2 oz low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the pineapple, pear, and apple then spoon the mixture into four medium-sized ramekins. Crumble the muesli or granola into a bowl, stir in the seeds, then mix in the yogurt and honey. Spoon on to the fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a little extra yogurt if you like.
Amount per person:
Energy 261 calories, protein 5.9 g, fat 7.8g, saturated fat 1.6g, carbohydrate 44.5g, total sugars 30.5g, fiber 3.6g, sodium 35mg.
– from the book, “The Essential Diabetes Cookbook, Good Healthy Eating from Around the World,” by Antony Worrall Thompson with Louise Blair BSc.