Servings: 16 (2 tablespoons dip with 1/2 cup fruit each) II Start to finish: 15 minutes
- 1 cup canned mandarin orange segments; cubed fresh pineapple; sliced, peeled fresh peaches; or fresh strawberries
- 8-ounce carton light sour cream
- 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 8 cups assorted fresh fruit dippers, such as strawberries, cut up pineapple, and/or apple slices
- Place fruit in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Add sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla and orange peel. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Serve with fruit dippers.
Nutrition per serving: 93 calories, 5 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protien. Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat. Carb choices: 1.
– from the book, “Diabetic Living, Quick and Easy Meals.” From the test kitchens of the “Better Homes and Gardens”.