Servings: 6 (1/2 cup each) II Start to finish: 20 minutes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned, and coarsely chopped
In a medium saucepan, combine broth and pepper; bring to boiling. Stir in couscous and green onions; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork; gently stir in orange peel and chopped orange.
Nutrition per serving: 108 calories, 0 g total fat, (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Exchanges: 1.5 starch. Carb choices: 1.5
– from the book, “Diabetic Living, Quick and Easy Meals.” From the test kitchens of the “Better Homes and Gardens”.