Servings: 4 (3 pieces each) II Start to finish: 15 minutes
- 3-ounce can chunk white tuna (waterpack), drained and broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large celery stalks, ends trimmed
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, grapes, red onion, mayonnaise, garlic, black pepper, and salt.
- To serve, cut each celery stalks crosswise into four pieces. Serve tuna mixture on celery pieces.
Nutrition per serving: 76 calories, 3 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 6 g carb, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Exchanges: .5 very lean meat, .5 vegetable, .5 fat. Carb choices: .5
– from the book, “Diabetic Living, Quick and Easy Meals.” From the test kitchens of the “Better Homes and Gardens”.