This is a recipe by my cooking class teacher.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 small onions
- 7 cups water
- 3 Knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 litre homo milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 250 grams shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 crusty buns
- Chop 1 head of broccoli and the stalks of both heads. Trim leaves and woody stalk. Reserve 1 head of broccoli flowerettes to add to the soup near end of cooking.
- Bring the water to boil mixed with the bouillon cubes. Add 1 head of broccoli flowerettes and both stalks to the boiling water. Add 2 chopped small onions.
- Once the ingredients are soft, lift out the chunky vegetables with a small strainer and place into a blender or food processor. Puree and then put back into the stock.
- Make a paste with the butter and flour. Add the milk to the stew and heat just to boil; reduce heat and add the butter and flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Add the reserved broccoli flowerettes to the soup. Let the soup thicken over low heat.
- Serve in bowls, and top each with shredded cheese. Heat the buns in the oven and serve alongside the soup.