Elegant yet so easy, this peppy dip can be used as a rich topping to perk up the simplicity of cucumber or tomato slices; or serve it as a sauce for grilled salmon.
- 8 ounces fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (lowest sodium available)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients except for the oil until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Stir in the oil. Cover and refrigerate until serving time, up to 8 hours. Stir before serving.
- Calories 36
- Total fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 1g
Dietary exchanges: 1/2 fat
– from the book, “Healthy Fats, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook,” from the American Heart Association.