When picking your pizza crust, think thin. The thick crust variety is much higher in fat, calories and carbohydrates per serving than the thin kind.
6 servings II Preparation time: 10 minutes II Bake time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve thin Italian pizza crust (12 inches in diameter)
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 450 F. Mix chicken and barbecue sauce in small bowl. Place pizza crust on ungreased cookie sheet; spread chicken mixture over crust. Arrange tomatoes over chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. Sprinkle with cilantro.
1 serving: Calories 285, (calories from fat 80), fat 9g, saturated fat 4g, (11% of calories from saturated fat), trans fat 0g, cholesterol 50mg, omega-3 0g, sodium 560mg
Carbohydrate 29g, (dietary fiber 1g), protein 22g
% Daily value: Vitamin A 8%, vitamin C 4%, calcium 14%, iron 12%, folic acid 16%
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat
Carbohydrate choices: 2
– from the book, “Betty Crocker, Healthy Heart Cookbook”, by Roger S. Blumenthal M.D., F.A.C.C. Professor of Medicine, Director, the Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease and by Juli Hermanson, M.P.H., R.D. Bell institute of Health and Nutrition