Makes 24 treats II One serving = 1 treat
- 3 cups (750 ml) Kellogg’s All-Bran Buds
- 2 cups (500 ml) Nature’s Path Organic Flax Plus Multigrain cereal
- 8 ounces (250 g) really good dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa mass, chopped into 1/2-inch (1 cm) chunks
- Line your kitchen counter with waxed paper about 24 inches (60 cm) long.
- Mix together the All-Bran Buds and Multigrain cereal in a large bowl.
- Place the chocolate into a large heavy saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium-low heat and start stirring.
- As soon as the chocolate starts to melt, reduce the heat to low. Keep stirring gently and let the chocolate melt slowly. When it is almost all melted, remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and shiny.
- Pour the chocolate over the cereals and stir well. Let the mixture cool slightly, then drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the waxed paper. You should get 24 heaps.
- Here comes the hard part: let the treats cool until they are set and firm enough to pick up, at least 1 hour.
- When the treats are firm, store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.Per treat: 95 calories, 3.9 g total fat, 1.9 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 83 mg sodium, 17.2 g carbohydrate, 6 g fibre, 8.2 g sugars, 2 g protein
– from the book, “Healthy Starts Here” by Mairlyn Smith, PHEc