A dusting of curry flavors this simple dish.
Makes 2 servings
- 1-1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 pound chicken tenders
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons scallions
Place curry powder on a plate. Toss the chicken tenders in the curry powder, making sure all sides are coated. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil spray. Add the chicken tenders and cook 2 minutes per side, until no longer pink inside. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove to a clean plate. Add the water and apricot jam to the skillet and simmer 1 minute to thicken sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over chicken. Scatter scallions on top.
Per serving: 392 calories (35 percent from fat), 15.3 g fat (7.7 g saturated, 4.0 g monounsaturated), 137 mg cholesterol, 40.7 g protein, 23.2 g carbohydrates, 2.1 g fiber, 135 mg sodium
– from the cookbook, “Prevention’s Fit and Fast Meals in Minutes,” by Linda Gassenheimer, in co-operation with Prevention Magazine.