Cinnamon and cloves spice up orange slices for a refreshing quick dessert.
Makes 2 servings.
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon broken walnuts
Arrange orange slices on 2 dessert plates. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lover heat and simmer 2 minutes. Pour over oranges. Sprinkle walnuts on top and serve.
Per serving: 112 calories (21 percent from fat), 2.6 g fat, (0.3 g saturated, 0.4 g monounsaturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 1.8 g protein, 22.5 g carbohydrates, 3.6 g fiber, 1 mg sodium
– from the cookbook, “Prevention’s Fit and Fast Meals in Minutes,” by Linda Gassenheimer, in co-operation with Prevention Magazine.