The meringue covers the plums like a golden cloud. It will end your meal with a smile.
Makes 2 servings
- 4 plums, pit removed and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place plums in a microwaveable bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Microwave on high 2 minutes. Transfer to ramekins or small dishes that are ovenproof (about 3-1/2 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep).
- Place the egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer. Whip to a stiff peak. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and whip to stiff peak again.
- Spoon egg whites into ramekins, making sure the egg whites completely cover the plums. Place ramekins in oven for 5 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 140 calories (5 percent from fat), 0.8 g fat, (0.1 g saturated, 0.1 g monounsaturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 4.5 g protein, 30.5 carbohydrates, 2.0 g fiber, 10 mg sodium
– from the cookbook, “Prevention’s Fit and Fast Meals in Minutes,” by Linda Gassenheimer, in co-operation with Prevention Magazine.