Makes 4 servings II Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 12 ounces boneless pork top loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups thinly sliced apples and/or pears (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Preheat broiler. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together buttemilk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in cheese and green onion; set aside.
- Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle thyme and ground pepper evenly over both sides of chops; rub in with your fingers.Place chops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 9 to 11 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center and juices run clear (160 F), turning once halfway through broiling.
- Divide salad greens and apples and/or pears among dinner plates. Slice chops; arrange on top of greens mixture. Drizzle with dressing. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition facts per serving: 234 calories, 11 g total fat, (4 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 21 g protein
– from the cookbook, “365 30-minute meals”, from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.