Makes 4 servings II Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 cups torn butterhead (Boston or bibb) lettuce
- 12 ounces cooked smoked turkey or chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups peeled and thinly sliced mangoes (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
For lime vinaigrette, in a screw top jar combine oil, lime peel, lime juice, and the water. Cover and shake well.
Divide lettuce among dinner plates. Arrange turkey, mangoes, and green onions on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with cilantro. Shake lime vinaigrette; drizzle over salads. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition facts per serving: 256 calories, 12 g total fat, (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,031 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 19 g protein
– from the cookbook, “365 30-minute meals”, from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.