6 servings II Start to finish: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 3 ripened avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat, cartilage removed, or cannerd crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- Lemon slices
- Cherry tomatoes
For dressing: In a medium-sized bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, sweet pepper, green onion,rak parsley, horseradish, salt, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Divide lettuce among dinner plates. Brush avocado slices with lemon juice; arrange on top of lettuce. Arrange crab meat on top of lettuce mixture. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each salad. Garnish with lemon slices and tomatoes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 290 calories, 18 g total fat, (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, 6 g dietary fiber, 18 g protien
– from the cookbook, “365 30-minute meals”, from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.