6 servings II Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 6 bone-in pork chops, cut into 3/4 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
- 15 ounce Mexican-style or Tex-Mex chili beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Coat an unheated 12-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops, three at a time if necessary; cook about 4 minutes or until brown, turning once. Remove chops from skillet.
- Add beans, salsa and corn to skillet, stir to combine. Place chops on top of bean mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until chops are until chops are slightly pink in centers and juices run clear, (160 F). Serve over hot cooked rice. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition: 379 calories, 10 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 71 mg cholesterol, 490 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fibre, 33 g protien
– from the cookbook, “365 30-minute meals”, from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.