Makes 6 servings II Start to finish: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups dried extra-wide noodles
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet cook ground chicken and onion over medium heat until meat is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce and water. Bring to boiling. Stir in noodles and zucchini. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionallhy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine ricotta, Parmesan and 1 tablespoon parsley. Drop cheese mixture by spoonfuls on top of the pasta mixture. Sprinnkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese mixture is heated through and mozzarella cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley.
Nutrition facts per serving: 186 calories, 3 g total fat, (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fat, 17 g protein
– from the cookbook, “365 30-minute meals”, from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.