Makes 4 servings II Start to finish: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 15 to 19 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 10 ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; adding broccoli for the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta mixture to hot pan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a blender of food processor combine beans, Alfredo sauce, garlic, and the reserved cooking water. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Spoon sauce over dinner plates. Top with pasta mixture, crushed croutons, and crushed red pepper; drizzle with oil.
Nutrition facts per serving: 402 calories, 12 g total fat, (5 mg saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g dietary fat, 19 g protein
– from the cookbook, “365 30-minute meals”, from the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.