In India, variations on this yogurt drink are popular for any time of the day. This version should be a regular on your breakfast menu.
- 2-1/2 cups non-fat natural yogurt
- 2 mangoes, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons bran
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 ice cubes
- In smoothie machine or food processor, process all the ingredients (except the ice) together until well blended. Pour into 4 glasses and serve immediately over ice.
Energy 195 cals, protein 10 g, fat 1g, saturated fats 0g, carbohydrate 40g, total sugars 35.7g, fiber 5g, salt 0.37g, sodium 146mg
– from the cookbook, “The Essential Diabetes Cookbook, Good Healthy Eating from Around the World,” by Antony Worrall Thompson, with Louise Blair BSc.