If preparing for two people, serve with rotisserie chicken on the side.
- Servings: 1 complete meal
- Costs: Approximately $5.75 per serving
- 1/3 cup seedless green grapes, each sliced in half
- 1/4 cup celery, (about 1 rib), diced
- 1/8 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large navel orange, (about 2/3 cup), peeled, sectioned, each segment sliced in half
- 1 cup leafy green lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup rotisserie or cooked chicken breast, medium-diced
- 1/3 cup croutons, preferably garlic and onion flavoured
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the dressing. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium-sized salad bowl, chop and combine the lettuce, grapes, celery, green onion, orange, chicken and croutons.. Toss with the dressing.
Calories: 506 per serving; fat content: 28.6
Food writer: Carolyn Cashen