This soup is full of delectably sweet fresh corn and savory pieces of crabmeat.
Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup soup and 1/2 cup crab mixture)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add corn, salt, and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 6 minutes. Place corn mixture and half-and-half in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.
2. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil and crab.
Amount per serving