Balsamic vinegar, with its hallmark dark color, syrupy body, and slight sweetness, brings a wonderful out-of-the-ordinary touch to any recipe.
Makes: 4 servings II Start to Finish: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup purchased shredded carrot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
- Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 269 cal
- 12 g total fat
- (2 g sat. fat)
- 66 mg chol
- 323 mg sodium
- 12 g carb.
- 2 g fiber
- 27 g pro
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet