- Serves: 4 side dish servings
- Approximate costs: $1.70 per serving
- 4 cups (about 6 or 7 small to medium-sized potatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 ribs celery (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives (about 8 stems)
- Or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- Paprika to garnish
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
Cook the potatoes in salted, boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
Place the potatoes into a medium-sized serving bowl, and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed. Chop the lettuce leaves, celery and chives.
Slice the cooled potatoes into small bite-sized pieces. Gently, toss the vegetables with the potatoes. Toss the salad with a little of the dressing at a time. Sprinkle the potato salad over top with paprika.
Cover the bowl with saran and place into the refrigerator until cold (approximately 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours). 4:15
Calories: 210 calories per serving; fat content: 4.3 grams fat per serving
Food writer: Gloria Cashen