This simple recipe adds a subtle lemon flavour to chicken. To take it up a notch, add grated lemon zest to the marinade.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 4-oz (120 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a shallow baking dish, combine lemon juice, garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, oil and lemon zest. Add chicken, cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 20 minutes (or longer) in the fridge. (Alternatively, marinate in a resealable plastic bag.)
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium. Transfer chicken to the grill; cook for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through, flipping every 4 minutes.
Per serving: 166 calories, 28 g protein, 3 g total fat, (1 g saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrate, 0 g fibre, 107 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium
– from the book, “Leslie Beck’s Healthy Kitchen, 250 Quick and Delicious Recipes Plus Essential Kitchen Tips”, by Leslie Beck RD, with Michelle Gelok RD