Makes 2 servings
- 5 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage links, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 4 large Spanish onion slices (1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 medium tomato, cut in half
- Preheat barbecue or gas grill on medium for 10 minutes. Spray rack with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange sausage, peppers, and onion on rack and spray with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning. Arrange tomato halves, cut-side down, on rack. Cook sausage and vegetables until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn sausage and vegetables over; sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning. Cook until vegetables are browned and sausage is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
Each serving provides: 2 proteins, 4 vegetables
Per serving: 164 calories; 13 g protein; 8 g fat; 11 g carbohydrate; 18 mg calcium; 509 mg sodium; 50 mg cholesterol; 2 g dietary fibre
– from the book, “Simply Light Cooking, 250 Recipes from the Kitchens of Weight Watchers”