Serve these scrumptious rolls hot out of the oven. They’re as delicious as easy you will find in an Italian restaurant.
Makes 10 servings, 2 knots each
- 1 package refrigerated ready-to-bake pizza crust dough (10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Unroll dough and cut in half crosswise, then cut each half into ten 1-inch-wide strips, making 20 strips.
- Tie each strip of dough into a loose knot and arrange on nonstick baking sheet, leaving a space of about 1-inch between each knot. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until butter is melted, about 1 minute.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush half of the garlic-oil mixture evenly over each knot. Bake in middle of center oven rack until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Lightly brush knots evenly with the remaining garlic-oil mixture and transfer to serving plate. Serve immediately.
Each serving provides: 1/2 fat; 1 bread; 5 optional calories
Per serving: 100 calories; 2 g protein; 4 g fat; 13 g carbohydrate; 1 mg calcium; 144 mg sodium; 2 mg cholesterol
– from the book, “Simply Light Cooking, 250 Recipes from the Kitchens of Weight Watchers”