Makes 8 servings
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package refrigerated ready-to-bake pizza crust dough (10 ounces)
- 5-1/4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In small saucepan heat oil; add garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 1 minute; set aside.
- Spray 12-inch round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray; fit pizza crust dough into pan. Using a pastry brush, brush garlic-oil mixture evenly over dough, leaving 1/2 inch of outer edge of dough uncovered.
- Sprinkle oiled surface of dough with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, parsley and oregano. Remove pizza from oven and drop ricotta cheese by 8 rounded tablespoonfuls in a circular pattern onto pizza. Sprinkle pizza with Parmesan cheese mixture. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 8 equal slices.
Each serving provides: 1/2 fat; 1-1/4 proteins; 1-1/4 breads; 10 optional calories
Per serving: 197 calories; 10 g protein; 9 g fat; 18 g carbohydrate, 190 mg calcium; 295 mg sodium; 18 mg cholesterol
– from the book, “Simply Light Cooking, 250 Recipes from the Kitchens of Weight Watchers”