Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1/4 cup pimiento
- 10 small pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 ounce pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 cups cooked small shell macaroni
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except macaroni and process until pureed, scraping down sides of work bowl as necessary.
- Arrange macaroni in serving bowl; add pesto and toss well to coat.
Each serving provides: 1 fat; 1/4 protein; 1/8 vegetable; 1-1/2 breads; 10 optional calories
Per serving: 225 calories; 8g protein; 7g fat; 32 carbohydrate; 98mg calcium; 280mg sodium; 4mg cholesterol; 2g dietary fibre;
– from the book, “Simply Light Cooking, 250 Recipes from the Kitchens of Weight Watchers”