Add cooked shrimp, chicken, or turkey to this side dish and it becomes an entree.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced shiitake or white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Spray 1-quart microwavable casserole with non-stick cooking spray; add celery, mushrooms, onion, and 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until celery is tender.
- Using a wire whisk, in small mixing bowl beat together 3 tablespoons water, the soy sauce, and cornstarch, stirring to dissolve cornstarch. Add to vegetable mixture and stir to combine; cover and microwave on High for 1-1/2 minutes, until mixture thickens.
Each serving provides: 2-1/2 vegetables; 3 optional calories
Per serving: 39 calories; 2 g protein, 0.3 g fat; 8 g carbohydrate; 35 mg calcium; 355 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g dietary fibre
– from the book, “Simply Light Cooking, 250 Recipes from the Kitchens of Weight Watchers”