Makes 2 servings
- 7 ounces chicken cutlets
- 1 cup white sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 ounce reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- Spray 9-inch nonstick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat; add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to serving platter; set aside and keep warm.
- In 1-quart non-stick saucepan cook White sauce over low heat, stirring frequently, until heated, about 3 minutes. Stir in cheeses and cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses are melted, about 1 minute. Pour over chicken.
Each serving (including white sauce) provides 1/2 milk; 1 fat; 3 proteins; 1/4 bread; 35 optional calories
Per serving: 305 calories; 33 g protein; 14 g fat; 11 g carbohydrate; 350 mg calcium; 419 mg sodium; 83 mg cholesterol; 0.2 g fiber
Yields: 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low fat milk (1% milk fat)
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash paprika
- In 1-quart nonstick saucepan melt butter and margarine over low heat. Using a wire whisk, stirin flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk and seasonings. Continuing to stir, increase heat to medium-high and cook until mixture comes to a boil. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer White Sauce to resealable plastic container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Each 1/2 cup serving provides: 1/2 milk; 1 fat; 1/4 bread; 25 optional calories
Per serving: 141 calories; 5 g protein; 9 g fat; 10 g carbohydrate; 154 mg calcium; 211 mg sodium; 15 mg cholesterol; 0.2 g fibre
– from the book, “Simply Light Cooking, 250 Recipes from the Kitchens of Weight Watchers”