I like to make this parfait the night before and refrigerate it overnight for a quick and healthy breakfast to start my busy day. This recipe can also double as a light dessert. Substitute Greek yogurt for extra protein.
- 2 cups low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries, such as blueberries, sliced strawberries and raspberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey and zest.
- In 4 parfait glasses (or tall glasses), layer berries, almonds and yogurt mixture.
Per serving: 222 cal, 11 g pro, 9 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 g carb, 4 g fibre, 2 mg chol, 3 mg sodium
– from the book, Leslie Beck’s Healthy Kitchen, by Leslie Beck RD with Michelle Gelok RD