A cross between a grilled cheese and a pattymelt, this is a sandwich the whole family can enjoy.
- 8 thick slices white or whole grain bread
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced vertically
- 4 thick cut slices fresh turkey
- 4 slices lean capicola
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- On 4 slices of bread, layer the pear, then turkey, then capicola. Spread the capicola with mustard. Top with a slice of Gouda.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet (or work in 2 batches with 1-1/2 tablespoons of butter at a time). Add the sandwiches bread side down until the cheese starts to melt. Top with the remaining slices of bread and flip. Press down with the spatula to compress the sandwich. Flip again if needed for both sides to be deep, golden brown.
Calories: 215 I Fat: 11 g I Protein: 14 g I Sodium: 217 mg I Fiber: 2 g I Carbohydrates: 15 g I Sugar: 4 g
– from, The Everything Whole Foods Cookbook, by Rachel Rappaport