This recipe is inspired by the open-faced sandwiches that are so popular in Sweden.
- 8 rye crisp flatbreads
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces small salad shrimp
- Create a single layer of egg on each of the rye crisp breads. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, dill and lemon juice. Stir in the shrimp.
- Top each crisp bread with an equal portion of the shrimp mixture. Serve open-faced, with a dill or caper garnish if desired.
Calories: 388 I Fat: 12 g I Protein: 22 g I Sodium: 384 mg I Fiber: 9 g I Carbohydrates: 47 g I Sugar: 2 g
Cooking tip: Keep herbs fresh by storing them in a glass of water in the refrigerator. Clip off the ends as needed.
– from, The Everything Whole Foods Cookbook, by Rachel Rappaport