- 4 large tomatoes, each cut into 8 to 10 wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 16 medium kalamata olives
- 1 cup green pepper slices (about 1 pepper)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- In a large bowl, toss together tomato wedges, cucumber slices, red onion, olives, green pepper and feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano; drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.
Per 1 cup serving: 108 cal, 3 g pro, 8 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 g carb, 1 g fibre, 9 mg chol, 230 mg sodium
– from the book, Leslie Beck’s Healthy Kitchen, by Leslie Beck RD with Michelle Gelok RD