This amazingly creamy polenta is technically a side dish but so good, you might be tempted to have it as an entree.
- 4 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced basil
- 1 tbsp minced Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the polenta and stir until it starts to thicken, 2 to 5 minutes. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, basil, parsley and ricotta. Serve warm.
Calories: 120 I Fat: 3 g I Protein: 4 g I Sodium: 412 mg I Fiber: 1 g I Carbohydrates: 19 g I Sugar: 0 g
– from, The Everything Whole Foods Cookbook, by Rachel Rappaport